-->

A Fairy Tale of Mouse Deer and Tiger

A FAIRY TALE OF MOUSE DEER AND TIGER

www.pada-zaman-dahulu-123.blogspot.com


Once upon a time in the jungles of Java, tigers were looking for food. He hasn't eaten for days. He's really hungry! As he approached a small lake, he saw a mouse deer drinking. The tiger wanted to eat it. tiger smile,

“Hmmm delicious, I finally got my lunch!”

The tiger slowly ducked, crawled, and held its breath. So…


"Gotcha!" said the tiger.

He caught the mouse deer and bit his leg. The mouse deer trembled. Kancil was really surprised. But the mouse deer tried to calm down. Kancil was thinking of a plan to escape from the tiger. Mouse Deer looked around and suddenly he had an idea! Mouse Deer said,

“Hey tiger, I know you are hungry and want to eat me. But the king will be angry if he finds out you are eating me now.”

"Why? The king knows that I eat meat. I eat animals like you!" said the tiger.

Kancil explained, “I look after the king's cake. This very tasty. Only the king and his family eat it. Kancil pointed to a large black lump near the lake.

Also Read: The Tale of the Kancil and the Crocodile

It doesn't look good at all. But the tiger is curious.

"Don't be fooled by his appearance. It tastes really good. That's why for the king. And you will not feel hungry for a month after eating it. I never tasted it," said the mouse deer.


The tiger's mouth watered, "Can I have a taste?"

“Of course you can't. The king will punish me like he did when I tasted it last time. The king will kill me if anything happens to that cake again!”

“Well… it's all up to you. I eat you or I eat the cake. The choice is yours."

"Very well then. You don't give me much choice, tiger. You can have the cake. But first, let me run as far as I can. Then, the king won't be able to catch me."

“Okay… Now, go!” The tiger is really hungry.

The tiger couldn't wait any longer to eat the king's cake. Kancil took a safe distance from the tiger. But the tiger can still watch him, as the tiger eagerly takes the piece of 'cake'.

“Phooey, it's not cake! It's... it's buffalo dung! I will catch you, mouse deer! You! Watch out

But the mouse deer was gone. He laughed out loud. Mouse Deer is safe for now. But next time, he might meet the tiger face to face again.

LihatTutupKomentar