-->

Abunawas and King Aaron El-Roshid: "A Fair Share"

ABUNAWAS DAN KING AARON EL-ROSHID:

"A FAIR SHARE"

www.pada-zaman-dahulu-123.blogspot.com

The old magistrate had been sick for three months. Many healers tried to cure him, but he did not get better. One day, he called his son, Abunawas.

“Abu, my time will soon come,” he said to his son. "King Harun Ar-Rashid will appoint you as my successor. Take it, if Abu thinks he can make a good judge. If you can't, just leave."

Not long after that, Abu's father died. Abunawas was very sad and confused. He is sad because he lost his father. He was confused because he didn't want to take his father's place, but he didn't have a good reason to refuse it yet.


One day, he saw children playing an easel made from banana leaf fronds. He made them too and joined them. They run around happily. Finally, they went to the palace on their piggyback. Several ministers saw Abunawas among the children. They thought Abunawas was depressed because his father had just died. They reported this to the king.

The king didn't believe them, so he called Abu to come to the palace. When Abu came at the palace gate, a guard stopped him.

"Hey listen," said the guard, "I'll let you in if you promise me something."

"Promise what?" asked Abu.

"Promise me to give me half of whatever the king will give you."

"Okay, no problem," said Abu.

The guard let him through the gate to the palace.

When Abu was in front of the king, he bowed, but he said nothing. The king asked him.

“Abu, will you be a judge like your father?”

Ash didn't answer. The king became impatient and said loudly.

"Hey Abu! Listen to me?

Abunawas didn't say a word, but started dancing. The king was then very angry and thought Abu had gone mad. He asked one of his bodyguards to beat him with a rattan stick twenty times. Ash was in pain but he tried not to cry or say a word.


"Now go," said the king.

Abu leaves the palace in pain.

When Abu reached the gate, he took a stick and started beating the guard ten times. He then left her to go home.

The guard reported this to the king. The king was angry and ordered Abu to come to the palace again.

“Why did you beat this guard?” asked the king.

Calmly Abu Answered,

"Yesterday, before I went through the gate, he stopped me and forced me to promise something."

"What did he want you to promise?"

“He wanted me to give him half of whatever His Majesty would give me. And Yesterday, his majesty gave me twenty punches on my back. So, I gave him half a share, ten hits on his back. Fair enough, right?"

Read : The Legend of Kantan Island
LihatTutupKomentar